Chopped Broccoli Salad
with warm bacon dressing
4 broccoli crowns
8 eggs, hard boiled
1 lb bacon
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh herbs, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
4 oz blue cheese crumbles
1. Chop up the broccoli florets and put them in a serving dish.
2. Chop the scallions and sprinkle them on top of the broccoli.
3. Wedge or dice the eggs and arrange them around the edges of the dish.
(These steps can be done ahead of time, covered, and refrigerated.)
4. Dice the bacon and cook over medium heat in a large skillet until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, remove the cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate leaving the grease in the skillet.
5. Add the minced garlic to the bacon grease and cook until it is lightly browned.
6. Add the vinegar to the skillet and scrape the bottom to remove any stuck on particles. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer and reduce for 5 min.
7. Whisk in the fresh herbs and olive oil.
8. Pour the dressing over the broccoli.
9. Top wi the bacon crumbles and blue cheese.
I promise there is some broccoli under there somewhere!
Use any fresh herbs you like. I had oregano, summer thyme, rosemary, and savory. It may not look like much, but it made a 1/4 cup.